Friday 10 September 2010

I drew a line on this patch of ground.

After losing my mind a little over the summer, i'm feeling a little more optimistic about things. I worried a lot about my degree, and whether or not i'm wasting this amazing opportunity to achieve a degree, because lets face it, it will soon be a thing for the middle classes, again. I was worried that I was on the wrong course, and a part of me still feels like there is something else I should be doing, but after much consideration, and many a blether with my wonderful friends, I've taken a different view on things. The fact that it's interdisciplinary, technically means, i can get away with anything, it's also one of the best ways to explore a wide range of ideas and concepts, and i'm wet for a concept.

So, i'm going to face this year, head on, smash it in the coin, get a 1st, and then write a SICK dissertation, get an all round 1st class, and head to the middle east. I might even cycle there, because, according to me ol' mate Benj Whitfield, you can lose 3 stone if you cycle to Baghdad. How mad would that be? You'd look so different from setting off.

No comments:

Post a Comment